CNC Field Service Technician-Erie, PA
Morris Great Lakes is a division of Morris Group, Inc. We supply CNC machine tools, tooling, accessories, software, automation, and more to manufacturers of precision machined parts. Our customer base is located in western New York, western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Our mission is to help manufacturers from all industry sectors achieve and maintain a competitive advantage by improving productivity. We help you make better parts, less expensively.
The Field Service Technician will have an understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Traveling to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations.
· Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
· Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
· Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment
· Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
· Minimum of three years’ experience with a machine tool builder or distributor, a factory maintenance technician would also be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics are required.
- Technical communication skills are a must.
- The Field Service Technician must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- This position requires travel and driving throughout a regional territory.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.